One of the final releases on Switch in 2021 will be a surprise revival of a game that made its initial mark a decade ago, with its most recent port being on the PlayStation Vita a little over eight years ago. Publisher QubicGames has teamed up with OmniSystems to bring Eufloria HD to the eShop on 31st December, priced at $/€ 9.99.
At its core the gameplay offers a take on real-time strategy, along with some exploration and puzzle elements. It has a pleasing simplistic visual style (which was a familiar look in early 2010s Indie titles), and was relatively well received in its various original releases.
Some of the official game description is below.
Explore a beautifully realized universe rendered in a style that is unique and compelling.
Engage in space exploration, conquest, plant growth and bio mechanical evolution. Conquer asteroids in deep space and use their resources to grow and nurture semi-organic plants and creatures to do your bidding. Plan your strategy against AI opponents that all vie for the same resources and offer fierce opposition.
Eufloria is easy to learn, and enjoyable to master. It’s a game for everyone. Try it now!
– A 25 level “Story Mode” with many hours of gameplay.
– “Relaxed Mode”, for a more ambient experience which anyone can enjoy.
– “Skirmish Levels” that can be played over and over.
– “Dark Matter Mode” for a stylish, more challenging way to play.
– Original ambient soundtrack by “Milieu”.
– Many procedurally generated levels which are different every time!
Are you tempted to pick this up? Let us know, as always, in the comments.